I have to be honest. I’m really not enjoying being pregnant with roughly 2,398,578 other fabulous ladies.
The thing is I’m WAY too competitive to be able to handle this very maturely. I’m tired of comparing
- how much weight we have gained or more importantly NOT gained
- how we look in maternity wear
- baby names and who has picked out a cuter name
- how close one sibling will be to the newest baby in age and whose life will be more difficult
But it doesn’t end there folks. I’m also tired of competing as a wife and SAHM.
- who is cooking more
- who is cooking better recipes
- whose house is miraculously cleaner despite how many perfectly put together children they have
- who is able to read their bible every day
- who is the better hostess
- who is able to keep up with their perfect hobbies and do all of their chores
- who is able to go to the gym everyday and maintain a great figure
Honestly I just simply feel as though I’m having a difficult time “catching up”. I don’t have it all together. I don’t have the dishes cleaned everyday. In fact I truly adore my husband when he does it for me even though I had plenty of time to do it. I don’t always eat what’s right for me. I don’t always want to cook. Actually, I almost NEVER want to cook. I don’t always spend time in the Word because there is just too much to accomplish and yet I kick myself because I didn’t get everything done.
I am NOT A STEPFORD WIFE.
There I said it. I have flaws. Many flaws in fact. And I hate feeling like they are on display EVERY DAY. Left to my own devices I wouldn’t feel so bad. But there are far greater women in my little world who remind me constantly to raise the bar that already feels so heavy.
So ladies, stop being so great ok? You know, just for a
week month or so, just so I can catch my breath.